Monday, August 6, 2018

Interview with Nykole Garland

Dear Readers,

This is so inspirational. It is raining outside. I felt the water plastered to my skin and it was a good thing. It was
a good thing indeed. What else was a good thing was the Interview that me and my best friend did. Because I wanted it to be a surprised this article with not be released until after the 10th episode is aired on August 5th.
I think it turned out to be amazing. So my best friend (Elijah) and I have been friends for 5 years. We were talking about reminiscing about
high school and middle school. I thought it was a wonderful idea, but I knew that interviewing him wouldn't cut it for me.
I was doing laundry at a friends house when I came up with a brilliant idea. It would be a first and last time I do this.
I decided to let Elijah interview me instead.
It was awkward at first, because Elijah was learning the way I was running my show. I am so proud of him. He called me
the night before we were supposed to record the piece. He said he couldn't do it and that the words didn't seem to suit
him. I told him not to give up, not because I needed the show but because I didn't want to see him quit at something he
was getting ahead at. I told him I want him to change it up see what works and what doesn't for him. I want him to do
what he needed to the script. He was the host. I didn't want him to do the show my way. This was his show episode. This
encouraged him and he really went out on this one. I'm impressed that he stuck with it. He was nervous but he did a
wonderful job and asked wonderful questions. I'm also impressed that he not only brought character and feeling to the
show, but also managed to challenge me on a deep and personal level. I knew the questions beforehand but he switched
order and rephrasing of those questions and really taught me that in my job I need to be prepared for anything someone
throws at me. We spent an hour on rehearsing and recording it. I'm so inspired by him and there are a lot of lessons he
teaches me.
I was really nervous, but Elijah was right. My viewers need to know who their host is or they don't know who to be loyal
with. I had a fun time even though I was uncomfortable being the one answering the questions. He admitted to me that
although it was fun he would never want to do what I do and I agree neither I wouldn't be a barber (no offence, Elijah).
Thank you, Elijah and Readers/Audience.
With Love,
Nykki

No comments:

Post a Comment